Change Management Consultancy – Terms of Reference
In the past few years, Crossroads International has experienced a great deal of change – not just because of COVID-19, but also because of federal government support to significantly expand its gender equality mandate in Sub-Saharan Africa. This has included the establishment of two new offices in Africa, an almost doubling of staff and the creation of new policies, procedures, systems and tools.
With Crossroads’ ambitious vision to see ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled, significant growth is vital. To support this anticipated growth, the organization’s strategic plan calls for additional bilateral or multilateral initiatives, along with substantial increases in fundraising revenue, strategic alliances and public engagement. Such expansion will necessarily represent additional change for the organization. As a proactive measure, Crossroads is seeking a Change Management consultant to support with having a clear vision for the desired and foreseen change and developing an action plan to guide the organization through the transformation.
- Support Preparation for a Visioning Exercise with Senior Management (estimate 1-2 hours of consulting time)
- Review Theory of Change and Desired Results from Change Management Process (estimate 1-2 hours of consulting time)
- MAIN DELIVERABLE: Change Management Action Plan
- Assess Crossroads’ ability to effect change; develop plan to close priority gaps
- Identify concerns of key stakeholders and develop plan to address them
- Map out and implement stakeholder participation in plan
- Make recommendations for changes to:
- Organizational structure and key roles and responsibilities
- System upgrades – Finance, Human Resources, Communications, Philanthropy, etc.
- Outline resources required for recommended changes
- Develop communication plan
- Excellent written and spoken English and French
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced university degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience guiding organizations in change management, organizational development, systems design
- Experience with international NGOs
January to June 2023
To be determined
Eligibility Criteria and Essential Conditions
- Share Crossroads’ values and ethical standards, particularly:
Crossroads International is a leading Canadian volunteer cooperation agency which has been advancing equality for women and girls and eradicating poverty in some of the world’s poorest countries in Africa for over 60 years. Crossroads invests in local partner organizations in 9 countries who are best positioned to meet the needs of their communities. With them, we pilot innovative approaches, and empower women and girls to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year Crossroads engages hundreds of experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address poverty and inequality. The organization’s 50+ employees are based in Canada, Senegal, Ghana and Tanzania, and Crossroads’ volunteers fulfil over 100 mandates per year.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Crossroads is also committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct and advancing anti-racism. To that end, the organization is a signatory to Cooperation Canada’s Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct and the Anti-Racism Framework for Canada’s International cooperation sector.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your resume and cover letter in one document (Word or PDF) before 5 pm on January 3rd, 2022 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include “Change Management Consultancy – Terms of Reference – Your Name” in the subject line of the email. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.