Start date: October 15, 2018
Location : 3000, Omer-Lavallée St., suite 100, Montreal, QC, H1Y 3R8
Duration: 16 weeks, full-time, with possibility of completing some of the work remotely.
- Unpaid internship, with a modest daily stipend;
- We encourage students to apply as this internship may be eligible for academic credit.
Deadline to apply: September 28, 2018
Crossroads International is currently seeking a committed and dynamic person to assist the program development team with researching data and drafting and updating country analyses (especially with respect to gender, violence against women and girls, sexual and reproductive health, and poverty) for our countries of intervention (Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Eswatini, Ghana, Senegal, Tanzania and Togo) and other prospective countries as part of Crossroads’ program development in coming years.
Under the direct supervision of the program development officer, the successful research internship candidate will work in close collaboration with the program team to:
- Support the Crossroads International team in gathering data and researching information for country context sheets with a view to developing project proposals;
- Draft theme-based analyses to support program and project development – including, among others, gender, violence against women and girls, sexual and reproductive health rights, and poverty;
- Draft country analyses to support the development of the next volunteer cooperation program and of Crossroads’ five-year strategic planning.
- Masters-level graduate student in international development, international relations, international studies, or a related field;
- Excellent research, analysis and writing skills;
- Knowledge of the gender equality and human rights (international instruments) approaches;
- Experience working in the field of international development or with a not-for-profit organization that works in partnership with Southern NGOs;
- Experience conducting theme-based research and drafting analyses in the international development field;
- Excellent spoken and written language skills in French and in English;
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office;
- High level of autonomy and initiative.
To apply, please send a presentation letter and resume to email@example.com .
Crossroads is committed to employment equity.
All candidates must be entitled to work in Canada.
We encourage students to apply as this internship may be eligible for academic credit.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.