Position:Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Montréal or Toronto
Supervisor: Organizational Human Resources (HR) Lead
Position Type: Full-Time, permanent
Language: Bilingual – English and French
Travel: Infrequent travel within Canada
Salary Range: $60,452 – $70,447
Job Requirement: Must be able to work in Canada
Closing Date: April 8th, 2022 at 5pm
Under the responsibility of the Organizational Human Resource (HR) Lead, the Human Resources Coordinator is a key contributor in creating and maintaining an engaging employee experience and a thriving, healthy work environment at Crossroads. They act as lead support to the Organizational HR Lead in all HR activities and projects.
Values-driven and organized, resourceful and proactive, the incumbent is skilled at managing multiple priorities. They also have exemplary competencies in communication, collaboration, and interpersonal relations.
1. Recruitment and staffing
- Executes strategies to attract, hire, and retain a diverse and high-performing workforce in an efficient manner to meet the business needs of the organization and further organizational equity priorities, while ensuring compliance with all legislation, policies, and procedures
- Executes recruitment activities including advertising, screening, shortlisting, reference checks, offer letters and onboarding
- Works with hiring supervisors and the Organizational HR Lead to create and/or revise job descriptions and terms of reference, salary benchmarks and interview frameworks for new positions, coordinate the approvals, and advertise with relevant networks to promote the engagement of diverse candidates
- Coordinates the onboarding process to ensure new hires are efficiently and effectively welcomed and oriented to their role, team, and the organization, including internal procedures, policies, and processes, and identifies opportunities to improve this process
- Coordinates a thorough, efficient, and person-centred offboarding process for staff, identifying opportunities to improve this process
- Coordinates and documents exit interviews, along with related follow-up action items
2. Performance management
- Coordinates the annual performance management process: communications, forms update, key dates
- Follows up with management regarding the completion of mid-year and end-of-year evaluations, and ensures that all documents are sent back to HR
- Answers questions and provides information to supervisors to provide effective and ongoing performance management to team members
- Provides managers with the end-of-probation appraisal forms and performs the necessary follow-ups
- Oversees formal communication of modifications to employee compensation
3. Employee wellbeing and organizational development
- Coordinates employee benefits throughout the duration of employee tenure
- In-house employee training activities that address organizational needs including training needs assessment, new employee onboarding or orientation, benefits information sessions, staff trainings on employee engagement, inclusion, the prevention of sexual violence, etc.
- Is sensitive and attentive to the social climate and wellbeing of employees and coordinates with the Organizational HR Lead in preventing and managing conflict
- Organizes information meetings for staff
- Makes available and explains Human Resources regulations and procedures to all employees
- Participates in the wellness committee to support the organization and logistics of internal events such as social and wellness activities, year-end celebrations, celebration of birthdays, farewell events, etc.
- Participates in projects related to the management of Human Resources
- Coordinates and executes communication activities on various matters
4. Administration, office management and internal communications
- Ensures accurate tracking of employee time worked including statutory holidays, leave accruals, and required supervisory approvals
- Answers employee’s questions regarding HR protocols or policies (leaves, performance management, professional development, supervision, HR issues, changes in contracts, etc.)
- Maintains employee files including documentation related to contracts, policy review, leave requests
- Tracks and reports on HR metrics including turnover, time to hire, recruitment site effectiveness, performance evaluation and learning plan completion
- Performs follow-ups for mandatory training such as first aid training and coordinates the activities and documentation of such training
- Supports the creation of the organizational training plan, organizes training activities, and produces any required surveys or reports
- Motivation and strong commitment to Crossroads’ mission, vision, and values
- University degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in human resource management practices and procedures
- Designation as a Certified Human Resources Professional a valuable asset
- Knowledge and experience of administrative management practices and procedures
- Experience in the development and implementation of HR policies, procedures, and projects
- Initiative, ability to multi-task, excellent sense of organization and management of priorities
- Exemplary interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and discretion
- Keen desire to learn, grow and respond to change
- Reliable analytical and synthesis skills
- Good knowledge of and comfort with the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both of Canada’s official languages (verbal and written fluency required)
- Share Crossroads’ values and ethical standards, particularly:
- Work an average of 35 hours per week.
- Travel infrequently in Canada as required
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been fighting inequality for over 60 years. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Africa, with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Crossroads is also committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct, and advancing anti-racism. To that end, the organization is a signatory to the Cooperation Canada Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct, and the Anti-Racism Framework for Canada’s international cooperation sector.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one document (Word or pdf) before 5pm on April 8th, 2022 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include “Human Resources Coordinator – Your Name” in the subject line of the e-mail. All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.