Position: Database Administrator
Location: Toronto or Montréal
Language: English and French – bilingual
Supervisor: Resource Development Officer (Annual Giving)
Position Type: Part-Time, 1-2 days per week
Hiring Range: CAD $25/hr
Job requirement: Must be eligible to work in Canada
Travel: Infrequent travel in Canada
Closing Date: December 14th, 2022 at 5PM
Are you a motivated and enthusiastic person with a strong focus on data and analytics? Are you looking to make a difference and use your energy, attention to detail and results mindset for a good cause? If you answered yes to any of these, then keep reading! Crossroads International is looking for a driven individual to join our Philanthropy and Public Engagement team. This is your chance to use your excellent analytical, teamwork and multi-tasking skills to advance the rights of women and girls in sub-Saharan Africa!
The overall purpose of this role is to assist with maintaining and operating the Raiser’s Edge database. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Philanthropy and Public Engagement you will participate in the development of data integration, payment processing and data analysis, to support Crossroads’ fundraising strategy to meet annual revenue goals. You will also provide support to the Senior Manager, Philanthropy and Public Engagement through the provision of accurate analysis and reports. As a results-oriented person, you will show initiative, make ongoing recommendations for continuous improvement of data processes and be passionate about your role in donor engagement. The role is a part-time contract for 1 day a week, starting in January 2023.
- Assist with managing and maintaining Crossroads’ supporter database system on Raiser’s Edge, in collaboration with the philanthropy and public engagement team
- Support integration between Database systems and external systems including Billing/Payment systems
- Assist with financial reporting and coordinate with the Finance team for fundraising and finance monthly reconciliation reports
- Occasionally assist team members with pulling data from Raiser’s Edge for fundraising and communications purposes
- Support with the production of data analysis reports for management on donor behavior, growth and development
- Creating Raiser’s Edge data process documentation and identifying database user training needs
- Any other duties and special projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 1 to 3 years demonstrated proficiency with databases with experience in marketing, billing and/or fundraising fields
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge, including queries, exports, imports and reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be available to work on the 1st and 15th of every month to process monthly donations
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND ESSENTIAL CONDITIONS
- Share Crossroads’ values and ethical standards, particularly:
- Infrequent travel in Canada and overseas may be required
Crossroads International is a leading Canadian volunteer cooperation agency which has been advancing equality for women and girls and eradicating poverty in some of the world’s poorest countries in Africa for over 60 years. Crossroads invests in local partner organizations in 9 countries who are best positioned to meet the needs of their communities. With them, we pilot innovative approaches, and empower women and girls to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year Crossroads engages hundreds of experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address poverty and inequality. The organization’s 50+ employees are based in Canada, Senegal, Ghana and Tanzania, and Crossroads’ volunteers fulfil over 100 mandates per year.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Crossroads is also committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct and advancing anti-racism. To that end, the organization is a signatory to Cooperation Canada’s Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct and the Anti-Racism Framework for Canada’s International cooperation sector.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your resume and cover letter in one document (Word or PDF) before 5 pm on December 14th, 2022 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include “Database Administrator – Your Name” in the subject line of the email. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.