Applications for this position are closed.
Position: Bilingual Communications Officer
Location: Montréal or Toronto
Supervisor: Senior Manager, Philanthropy & Public Engagement
Position Type: Full-Time, permanent
Language: English and French – bilingual
Travel: Ability to travel from home for short periods is required. Given the nature of our work, some evening and weekend work is required.
Hiring Range: $62,230-$63,163
Job Requirement: Must be able to work in Canada
Closing Date: June 14th, 2022 at 5pm
Crossroads International is seeking a seasoned bilingual Communications Officer to bring our storytelling and stakeholder engagement to new levels. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Philanthropy and Public Engagement, this position is part of a dynamic team committed to engaging existing stakeholders and attracting new Crossroads volunteers and donors. Versatile, creative and committed to excellence, the Communications Officer will be focussed on delivering work that empowers the public with information on our gender equality movement, creating marketing and communications content across a variety of platforms to increase engagement and support for Crossroads International to attract volunteers and increase revenue.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter and strategic thinker that creates compelling content to move audiences and deliver measurable results. S/he is a skilled writer with solid project management experience executing communications and marketing initiatives and securing media coverage. The successful candidate will have strong relationship building and customer service skills working collaboratively with fundraising, volunteer and program leads to create captivating content and campaigns on budget and on deadline. S/he will organize and support events with photography and video capture and oversee production. Professional knowledge of social media, national media engagement and exceptional project management skills are required. Experience overseas is a definite asset.
- Minimum of five years professional experience as a communications officer or journalist, familiarity in marketing/communications and project management with a PR agency, corporation or non-profit organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Demonstrated success in marketing or public relations
- Proven ability to conduct effective interviews and write clear, concise and compelling prose and a flair for transforming technical language into aspirational and exciting narrative — articles, news releases, op-eds, ad copy, blog posts, email alerts, etc.
- Exceptional project-management skills including managing production on tight deadlines and budget
- Brand Management: quality assurance, consistent messaging and voice across all platforms
- Dynamic presentation and facilitation skills and experience in community building online and offline through events, training, campaigns, etc.
- Professional social media experience
- Experience generating performance reports on campaigns activities, metrics and results
- Solid copy-editing skills, strong attention to detail, photography experience
- Resourceful, takes initiative and ensures follow-through
- Respected as a team player, with a strong customer service orientation
- A proven self-starter; able to work under minimal supervision
- Proficiency with WordPress, CMS, HTML, knowledge of Adobe creative suite required, and knowledge of Google Analytics, Adwords, video, design and editing software is an asset.
- A commitment to gender equality and the promotion of women’s rights
- Background in social justice and/or international development and/or rights-based organizations or international volunteering is an asset.
- Share Crossroads’ values and ethical standards, particularly:
- A commitment to preventing, mitigating and responding to sexual violence,
- A commitment to gender equality, and
- A commitment to anti-racism.
- Work an average of 35 hours per week, where some overtime may be required
- Travel infrequently in Canada as required
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been fighting inequality for over 60 years. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Africa, with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Crossroads is also committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct, and advancing anti-racism. To that end, the organization is a signatory to the Cooperation Canada Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct, and the Anti-Racism Framework for Canada’s international cooperation sector.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one Word or .pdf document by 5pm on June 14th, 2022 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. Applications must include “Bilingual Communications Officer” in the subject line of the e-mail. All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.