Position: Human Resources Intern
Language: English or French required, bilingualism a strong asset
Supervisor: Organizational HR Lead
Position Type: Contract, full-time or part-time (Equivalent of 35 hours/week for 8 weeks before February 26, 2022)
Job Requirement: Must be eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs program
Hiring Salary: $17/hour
Closing Date: 5pm on October 17, 2021
Crossroads International is looking for an individual who is passionate about the human side of an organization, enjoys recruitment and Human Resources (HR) administration, the creation of HR systems and tools is keen to make a difference towards Crossroads’ ONE WORLD vision. The Human Resources Intern will be responsible for supporting recruitment processes, performing administrative tasks, and creating streamlined process and innovative digital tools to improve efficiency in HR systems.
- Assist with recruitment for roles located in Canada including posting positions internally and externally
- Ensure HR files are organized and compliant with internal and external requirements
- Create tools to enhance existing HR processes in the areas of recruitment, selection, onboarding, offboarding, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS and ESSENTIAL QUALIties
- Diploma of studies in a relevant field (completed or in progress), or equivalent experience
- Experience in Human Resources administration, recruitment, or selection
- Excellent language skills in English or French required, bilingualism a strong asset
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (i.e., SharePoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- High level of autonomy and initiative
Eligibility critieria and essential Conditions
- As the funding for this position comes from Service Canada’s 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program, applicants MUST meet specific criteria. Applicants who do not meet all of the eligibility criteria listed below should not apply.
- The criteria include being:
- A citizen of Canada, OR a permanent resident, OR a person who has been granted refugee protection under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Please note that international students are not eligible.); AND
- Between the ages of 15 and 30, inclusive.
- Share Crossroads’ values and ethical standards, particularly:
- Work an average of 20 hours per week.
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been fighting inequality for over 60 years. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Africa, with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Crossroads is also committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct, and advancing anti-racism. To that end, the organization is a signatory to the Cooperation Canada Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct, and the Anti-Racism Framework for Canada’s international cooperation sector.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one document (Word or pdf) before 5pm on October 17, 2021 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include “Human Resources Intern – Your Name” in the subject line of the e-mail. All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.