Crossroads International is an international development organization that is working towards reducing poverty and increasing women’s rights around the world. Working with local partners in 28 projects, in eight countries and supported by hundreds of volunteers each year, Crossroads leverages expertise and resources, North and South, required to help people overcome poverty and assert their human rights.
Project description :
The Human Rights Advocacy Centre (HRAC) is a not-for-profit, independent, non-partisan, research and advocacy organization set up to advance and protect human rights in Ghana. Established and situated in Accra, the capital town of Ghana since 2008, the Organisation is a household name across Ghana due to the wide coverage of its services across the nation.
Crossroads and HRAC entered into a partnership in the summer of 2019 to work together towards the end of GBV and the advancement of women’s rights in Ghana.
Mandate historical context:
HRAC is a non-governmental and not-for-profit organisation that relies on external funding support from donors to implement its projects and programmes. While the Organisation’s Management staff is responsible for mobilising resources, it is key to secure the assistance of a focal person to support the mandate of Management staff.
The volunteer for this mandate will support the identification of funding opportunities for the organisation, propose necessary measures or changes for organisational strengthening and provide needed technical support for such measures or changes to be effected to make the organisation more attractive to potential donors and financially sustainable.
- Develop a fundraising strategy for HRAC in line with thematic areas
- Identify both local and international funding and donor opportunities
- Propose and assist with changes to organizational strategic documents to make Organisation more attractive to external funding
- Prepare funding applications and proposals to source funding
- Train local staff on proposal writing
Qualification criteria for selection include:
- Master’s Degree in International Development or related field
- At least two years’ experience in assisting not-for-profit organisations to increase their funding sources.
- Experience in research and proposal writing
- Ability to design and implement effective staff training and mentoring activities in the area of resource mobilisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strengthen existing donor relations
Language : English
- Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Must be 19 years and older
- Willing to conduct fundraising and public engagement activities before, during and after the placement
- Share the commitment of preventing and addressing sexual misconduct. https://ccic.ca/news/ccic-leaders-pledge-on-preventing-and-addressing-sexual-misconduct/
- In good physical and mental health (medical examination required)
- The volunteer needs to bring their own computer
Personalized support before, during and after the mandate provided by an experienced and welcoming team. The Crossroads’ experience includes the following:
- Daily living allowance (amount varies depending on the country of assignment)
- Plane ticket and local transport
- Medical insurance and vaccinations
- Pre-departure training and re-orientation upon return
“Crossroads International is committed to addressing gender-based violence by supporting the innovative work our partner organizations in ending violence against women and girls. To find out more, please visit:
To apply for this position, we kindly ask that you fill out Crossroads’ online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: We are experiencing some technical issues with the on-line submission, which our IT department is working to resolve, however if you receive an error message when you submit your application , please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please contact our Program officer – Volunteering if you have any question: email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.