Did you know that with your IT knowledge and skills you can support with reducing global poverty and gender inequality?
While you’re still working hard to get your degree, Crossroads International has an exciting opportunity for a Volunteer Information Management (VIM), IT Intern. With ongoing supervision by the Program Manager – Volunteering and close collaboration with the other team member you’ll gain great understanding of the work we do and our commitment while building your technical, communication, customer service and leadership skills.
Working as a member of the Volunteer Team at Crossroads International, the VIM Assistant will contribute to the digitalization of the Volunteer Management systems at Crossroads International. This will include organizing information using digital systems, tools and applications. The VIM Assistant will use and develop skills in communicating efficiently and professionally with volunteers (clients of Crossroads) who will be the end-users of the Volunteer Management systems.
Crossroads International is one of Canada’s foremost international co-operation organizations and has been fighting inequality for more than 60 years. We do this by bringing people together in a common cause, to create lasting solutions to overcome poverty and advance women’s rights.
Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Southern Africa, West Africa. Crossroads supports women, youth and the rural poor, who are often marginalized in the economy and left out of the decisions that affect their lives. We work as equals with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence.
- Support with researching online application platform
- Support with digitalizing the tools used by the Volunteer Team
- Support with designing the online Volunteer Team Library
- Develop an effective information exchange system between Crossroads International and its volunteers
- Improve the information and knowledge management system that is in place
Because funding for this position is provided through Service Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs programs, candidates MUST meet specific requirements. Please do not apply if you do not meet all the eligibility criteria below.
- Applicants must be either (1) a Canadian citizen, (2) permanent resident, or (3) person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (please note that foreign students are not eligible for this internship).
- Applicant must be between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive).
- Experience in conducting research and providing reports;
- Knowledgeable in Cybersecurity, date and personal information safety and security;
- Strong skills in transforming tools and templates into online platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, experience with Raisers Edge is an asset;
- Working knowledge of SharePoint;
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Interest and knowledge of international development;
- Fluency in English and French.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your resume and cover letter by May 27, 2019 to email@example.com
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Crossroads International is an equal opportunity employer. Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. We encourage applications from people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from aboriginal and/or other marginalized communities.
Location: Crossroads International office, Montreal
Salary: Paid internship, $17/hour
Dates: Eight-week summer contract
Schedule: 5 days/week, 9:00am-5:00pm including a one-hour unpaid lunch break.
Start date: 10 June 2019 (ideal)
This position is made possible through the Canada Summer Jobs program.