Position: Bilingual Travel and Administrative Coordinator
Location: Toronto, ON (This position is planned for Toronto. However, due to the current context in which all Crossroads International staff are working from home, a candidate with a home-based office outside of Toronto would be considered with the agreement that they would relocate to Toronto once the office re-opens.)
Language: English and French required
Supervisor: Manager, Volunteer Mobilization
Position Type: Full-Time, permanent
Job Requirement: Must be able to work in Canada
Travel: This position may include travel between the Toronto and Montréal offices
Hiring Range: $57,037 to $66,467
Closing Date: 5pm on February 22, 2021
The Travel and Administrative Coordinator position is key within the Volunteer Mobilization Team and the organization. It requires a highly organized person and a team player that can balance efficiency with strong attention to detail to ensure a smooth workflow within multiple administrative steps.
This position reports to the Manager, Volunteer Mobilization. However, The Travel and Administrative Coordinator will be working closely with the Program Administrative Coordinator on the development and implementation of the volunteer onboarding platform.
1. Volunteer Administration and Travel Logistics (65%)
- Coordinate all plane tickets, travel insurances, visas, payment requests, and allowances for volunteers ensuring adherence with Crossroads policies, volunteer conditions and rates.
- Ensure readiness of all required paperwork and backup documentation for volunteers and secure filing and record keeping.
- Facilitate trainings and orientation sessions for volunteers on finance, logistics and administration policies and processes.
- Coordinate the logistics of the volunteer pre-departure trainings and debriefs.
- Manage and maintain the volunteer database, generating and formatting reports, ensuring synchronization with the other databases.
2. Streamlining of Volunteer Administrative Processes (30%)
- Support the development and implementation of a digitalized onboarding platform for volunteers.
- Support the development and on-going strengthening of administrative and logistical processes for diverse volunteer modalities, including remote and South-South volunteers.
- Contribute to the review and revision of the Volunteer Manual, Conditions and Contract, in particular the administrative, logistical, and financial elements.
- Contribute to the strengthening of the Volunteer Training Continuum, in particular the administrative, logistical, and financial elements.
- Participate in the team planning process.
- Contribute to the development of annual plans, policies, and procedures.
- Contribute to annual work plans and to annual narrative reports.
3. Perform Other Duties as Required (5%)
- Research and establish relationship with suppliers and service providers such as travel agencies, insurance providers, etc.
- Undertake in-house document translation (French-English / English-French)
- Post-secondary degree in related field (e.g. Travel Management, Business Administration, etc.)
- 3-5 years of professional administrative and logistics experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience with travel coordination and logistics
- Strong knowledge of administrative systems and procedures
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Outstanding client service skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and dedication to quality control
- Proficiency with software and technology including Microsoft Office 365 (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- Bilingualism (French and English) required
- Experience with international or volunteer sending programs a strong asset
- Commitment to growth and development
- Commitment to inclusion, equity/equality, diversity, and empowerment
- Commitment to women’s rights and experience in integrating a gender analysis
- Innovation, creativity, collaboration
- Organization, autonomy, and initiative with an ability to manage competing deadlines in an effective manner to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate within a team across multiple geographic locations
- Adaptability and tolerance for uncertainty
- Strong organizational, administrative, communication & interpersonal skills
- Work an average of 35 hours per week, where some overtime may be required
- Travel in Canada may be required
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been advancing equality for 60 years. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Africa, with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one document (Word or pdf) before 5pm on February 22nd, 2021 by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications must include “Travel and Administrative Coordinator – Your Name” in the subject line of the e-mail. All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.