Location: Toronto, ON
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
Closing Date: November 11, 2019
Salary: $51,974 – $62,369 with competitive benefits
Start Date: December 2, 2019 or to be negotiated
This position has been filled.
Are you a fundraiser looking to apply your skills to advance women’s rights and overcome poverty globally?
Crossroads International is seeking an experienced bilingual Resource Development Officer to join its fundraising team in the dynamic field of international development.
The Resource Development Officer is an integral part of the External Relations team and leads Crossroads International’s annual program. A tech savvy, highly organized self-starter, the Officer is an effective communicator focused on building supportive relationships with volunteers and donors. With the support of the Director, External Relations, s/he initiates and manages all aspects of the annual program including: acquisition, direct mail, tele fundraising, online peer to peer campaigns including the overseas Charity Challenge, alumni and donor recognition, engagement strategies and signature fundraising events.
- Post secondary degree (BA) with formal fundraising qualifications or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in fundraising
- Demonstrated experience and success coordinating annual fund programs, including direct mail, online fundraising, fundraising events, donor recognition and stewardship
- Demonstrated project and time management skills
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English are required. Preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
- Proficiency in Blackbaud software including: Raiser’s Edge, Raiser’s Edge NXT, Online Express and Team Raiser
- Superb organizational, analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Respects high level of confidentiality
- High degree of computer literacy. Experience in social media, design and web software an asset (InDesign, Photoshop, HTML, etc.)
- Experience working in a diverse work environment and on cross-functional teams
- Commitment for ongoing growth and development
- To work an average of 35 hours per week, where some overtime may be required
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter as one document (Word or PDF) by 5pm of the closing date by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must indicate Resource Development Officer in the subject line of the e-mail.
Crossroads International is committed to principles and values of access and equity. We seek to attract, select, and hire a diverse team with a high level of professional skills, passion for and belief in our vision and mission. All applicants must currently be eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will occur on an ongoing basis and may be held before the closing date. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been fighting inequality for 60 years. We do this by bringing people together for a common cause, to create lasting solutions to overcome poverty and advance gender equality and women’s rights. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in sub-Saharan Africa and West Africa with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. We invest in local partners who are best positioned to meet the needs of their communities. With local partners we develop and implement initiatives that advance the rights and autonomy of women and girls. We pilot innovative approaches to reducing violence against women and girls and that generate income and jobs for women. Together, we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads International is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), the Quebec government and other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled