Position: Philanthropy Intern
Language: English and French
Supervisor: Resource Development Office
Position Type: Internship, full time (approximately 35 hours/week for 8 weeks)
Job requirement: Must be eligible to work in Canada
Hiring salary: Honorarium
Closing Date: May 9th at 5pm
The position and General context
The Philanthropy Intern will support Crossroad’s efforts to engage Canadians in advancing equality for women and girls. This position will support multiple team members including the resource development officers. The intern will work with the Resource Development Officer, Annual Giving and Events on prospect research, event support, database management, and stakeholder communications.
In April 2020, Crossroads launched the 2020-2027 Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP). The 2020-2027 VCP includes a significant increase in public engagement to provide awareness of issues to the Canadian public and fundraising needs to support our program partners. The External Relations Intern will support the team to engage Canadians and potential donors to support Crossroads work globally.
- Support for the development and execution of events (i.e., the International Day of the Girl Breakfast, Silent Auction, Montreal salon etc.)
- Stakeholder communications such as follow up emails to monthly donors
- Creation of fundraising social media posts
- Potentially conduct prospect research for major donor prospects
- Assist with the review and update of Resource Development folders on sharepoint
- Creation of email appeals
- Stewardship such as thank you emails, thank you calls etc.
- Database support and data maintenance
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Digital skills: computer skills and experience utilizing a CRM platform is an asset
- Excellent command of English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (i.e., SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Customer service skills and ability to communicate with external stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing social media content are assets
- French is an asset
- The ideal candidate will have education and skills in the following areas:
- Philanthropy, Communications, Business, or other related studies
- Strong desire to learn skills and platforms
- Customer Service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work remotely for majority of the work-week due to the current pandemic restrictions
- Autonomy, initiative, versatility, and resourcefulness
- Knowledge or interest in learning about women’s rights in sub-Saharan Africa
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been fighting inequality for over 60 years. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Africa, with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Crossroads is also committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct, and advancing anti-racism. To that end, the organization is a signatory to the Cooperation Canada Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct, and the Anti-Racism Framework for Canada’s international cooperation sector.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your resume and cover letter in one document (Word or PDF) before 5 pm on May 9th, 2022 by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications must include “Philanthropy Intern – Your Name” in the subject line of the email. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applications in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.