Position: M&E Data Management Intern
Location: Montreal or Remote
Language: English required, French desired
Supervisor:Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Position Type: 8 weeks, full time (35 hours a week) starting January 3rd
Job Requirement: Must be eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs program
Hiring Salary: $17/hour
Closing Date: December 5th, 2021
POSITION and general context
As part of the Global Affairs Canada funded Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP), Crossroads International is looking for a self-motivated, software-savvy person with strong independent problem-solving skills to support the implementation of our new Monitoring and Evaluation Software. The intern will be part of a dynamic Program Impact Team and will learn valuable and transferable skills to take with them into the job market (inside or outside of the non-profit sector).
The intern will support the MEAL Officer with the implementation of LogAlto, a SaaS that will be used to collect and analyze data from staff, partners, and volunteers across nine countries of operation in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Study training videos and manual and become competent user of LogAlto MEAL software
- Support the structuring and testing of the software (support usage of software to prepare Annual Report).
- Support the process of populating the Crossroads monitoring and evaluation system with data
- Support the implementation of the MEAL software system across nine field offices in Africa and two in Canada
- Support the capacity of Crossroads staff to use and report in the system
- Digital skills: computer knowledge, skills in creating and managing digital tools
- Experience collecting and inputting quantitative data (minimum through Excel)
- Degree in a relevant field
- Excellent command of English language (knowledge of French considered a strong asset)
- Expert user of Microsoft Office 365 applications (i.e., SharePoint, Lists, Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.)
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Technological inclination and enjoys working with numbers
- Strong analytical skills and logical problem solving
- Autonomy, initiative, versatility, and resourcefulness
- Ability to work remotely
Eligibility critieria and essential Conditions
- As the funding for this position comes from Service Canada’s 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program, applicants MUST meet specific criteria. Applicants who do not meet all of the eligibility criteria listed below should not apply.
- The criteria include being:
- A citizen of Canada, OR a permanent resident, OR a person who has been granted refugee protection under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Please note that international students are not eligible.); AND
- Between the ages of 15 and 30, inclusive.
- Share Crossroads’ values and ethical standards, particularly:
- Work an average of 20 hours per week.
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been fighting inequality for over 60 years. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Africa, with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Crossroads is also committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct, and advancing anti-racism. To that end, the organization is a signatory to the Cooperation Canada Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct, and the Anti-Racism Framework for Canada’s international cooperation sector.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one document (Word or pdf) before 5pm on December 5th, 2021, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should have “M&E Data Management Intern – Your Name” in the subject line of the e-mail. All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.