Crossroads International is recruiting an Executive Director who will lead our dynamic and growing international cooperation agency with overseas partners in Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Senegal, eSwatini (former Swaziland), Tanzania and Togo. The person will be a visionary leader with a strong commitment to the advancement of women’s rights globally. A vocal champion, the Executive
Director will establish new programs and strategic alliances in Canada and abroad to complement and enhance Crossroads’ volunteer cooperation program and diversify the organization’s funding model. A leader who is driven, forward-thinking and results-oriented, he or she will manage three National Directors, a professional team of 25, an annual budget of $4.5 million, and approximately 100 international volunteer exchanges annually. He/she will also liaise with Crossroads NGO partners on the ground.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You will be expected to demonstrate:
- External Leadership : Experience, vision and ambition to strategically position the organization for continued growth and influence in Canada.
- Internal Leadership : Experience managing and developing a cross-functional senior team, building relationships and enabling a collaborative team environment. Demonstrated ability to provide consistency and stability for the organization through planning and sound oversight into finance, HR and other operations.
- Program Strategy: Demonstrated international development experience, leading across cultures, ideally including program experience in Africa. Experience liaising with donors and institutional funders such as Global Affairs Canada. Knowledge of voluntary cooperation is an advantage.
- Networking & Business Development: Brings an understanding of the international development landscape and philanthropic opportunities in Canada. Experience building alliances and new partnerships for growth and diversification.
- Mission-Driven: Demonstrated commitment to the elimination of poverty and equality for girls and women.
It will be essential for the role-holder to:
- have strong communication skills in English AND French
- be eligible to work in Canada
- travel overseas and within Canada
HOW TO APPLY
Piqued your interest? To apply for this role, please prepare your CV (in English or French) and a motivation letter (one page) that summarises how your profile aligns with the key requirements, skills and abilities of this role. Both files should be submitted in .doc(x) or .rtf format via this form: www.mis.tl/CV. After submitting your application, you will receive an automated confirmation. If you do not receive this or have general questions about submitting your application, please write to: email@example.com.
Location: Toronto, Canada
Starting Date: negotiable
Closing Date: the position will remain open until it is filled
Type of contract: renewable
Reference : CI-ED-CA