Position: Content Development and Digital Tools Intern – Administration and Logistics
Language: English and French
Supervisor: Manager, Volunteer Mobilization
Position Type: Contract, full-time (35 hours/week for 8 weeks: August 2 to September 24 with the possibility of part-time work after)
Job Requirement: Must be eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs program
Hiring Salary: $17/hour
Closing Date: 5pm on July 4, 2021
POSITION and general context
As part of the new Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP), Crossroads International is looking for a creative and versatile person to support the digitization of the administrative structure to enhance the management of volunteer files. The intern will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to engaging and training Crossroads’ national and international volunteers and staff.
In April 2020, Crossroads launched the 2020-2027 Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP). The 2020-2027 VCP includes a significant increase in the number of volunteers, an expansion into new countries of operation and a significant increase in the number of local partner organizations. This increase in the number of stakeholders, combined with the current pandemic context, requires a significant digital transition. Indeed, Crossroads must ensure that it has effective and innovative technological solutions and tools to manage volunteers’ administrative files.
The intern will support the Volunteer Mobilization Team in the development and digitization of the administrative structure of the volunteer files.
- Support the development and implementation of digital strategies relating to stakeholder training (volunteers, international partner organizations)
- Support with the computerization of the tools used by the volunteers
- Support for the development of an efficient information exchange system between Crossroads International and its volunteers
- Improvement of the information/knowledge management system already in place
- Support for the construction and testing of the online application platform
- Support to the development of the navigation guide of the platform
- Digital skills: computer knowledge, skills in creating and managing digital tools,
- Skills in developing digital training content,
- Diploma of studies in a relevant field,
- Excellent command of the French and English languages, and
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (i.e., SharePoint, Lists, Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.).
- This position is specifically for a candidate who identifies as one or more of the following: Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Immigrant/Refugee Youth, Aboriginal Youth, Visible Minority/Racialized Youth, LGBTQ2 Youth, Disabled Youth, or Anglophone Youth living in Quebec,
- Good knowledge of media and digital challenges,
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills,
- Ability to work in decentralized networks based on sharing, mutual aid and collaboration,
- Autonomy, initiative, versatility and resourcefulness, and
- Ability to work at a distance.
Eligibility critieria and essential Conditions
- As the funding for this position comes from Service Canada’s 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program, applicants MUST meet specific criteria. Applicants who do not meet all of the eligibility criteria listed below should not apply. The criteria include being:
- A citizen of Canada, OR a permanent resident, OR a person who has been granted refugee protection under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Please note that international students are not eligible.); AND
- Between the ages of 15 and 30, inclusive.
- Share Crossroads’ values and ethical standards, particularly:
- Work an average of 35 hours per week.
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been fighting inequality for over 60 years. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Africa, with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Crossroads is also committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct, and advancing anti-racism. To that end, the organization is a signatory to the Cooperation Canada Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct, and the Anti-Racism Framework for Canada’s international cooperation sector.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one document (Word or pdf) before 5pm on July 4, 2021 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include “Content Development Intern Logistics – Your Name” in the subject line of the e-mail. All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.