Position Type: Consultant
Language: English and French required
Closing Date: 5pm on February 23, 2021
Terms of Reference
The overarching key deliverable is a VCP Risk Management Framework (RM Framework) for Crossroads that serves as a key management tool to effectively navigate risks and expedite the fulfillment of the VCP 2020-27.
The VCP RM Framework will include (but not be limited to) the following key elements:
- An overall approach stimulating a VCP-wide culture for shared risk responsibility as a key decision-making lens for the VCP planning and implementation,
- Risk Appetite Statement(s) for each Risk Category and possibly one overall Statement across all Risks, if recommended by the consultant,
- Roles and responsibilities: Performance management and accountability,
- Risk management strategies,
- Policies and procedures,
- Financial processes,
- Project management tools, and
- Reporting and monitoring.
The final set of deliverables includes Gap Analysis and Capacity Building Road Maps for each of the above elements.
- A consultative process is key to informing not only Crossroads’ Risk Appetite for the VCP and its various risk categories, but to empower an organization-wide culture of incorporating the VCP RM Framework in key decisions. Further, interviews with key stakeholders will help identify current capacity levels for successful VCP RM Framework implementation and corresponding capacity building recommendations.
- Scenario Use Cases will be key to identifying risk tolerance levels (a key aspect of the VCP RM Framework) in each of the risk categories and used as a basis for focus group discussions with key stakeholders.
- A sector sweep which identifies leading organizations successfully integrating an approach to risk management and application of a VCP RM Framework.
- Advanced University Degree in a related field
- Experience in managing processes aimed at strengthening organizational risk management processes,
- Experience in developing organizational risk frameworks through participatory approaches,
- Experience with international NGOs, ideally experience with volunteer-sending organizations, and
- Solid experience in organizational capacity-building workshops on risk management.
- Excellent written and spoken English and French,
- Strong oral and written communication skills
timing and duration
- The assignment will take place between March 2021 and June 2021.
- The consultant will be based in a home office.
- Consultation and interview sessions will occur virtually, however if travel restrictions and COVID guidelines permit some sessions may occur in Crossroads’ offices in Toronto and Montréal. Transportation costs in consultant’s city of residence will not be reimbursed.
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been advancing equality for 60 years. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Africa, with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Expressions of interest from individuals of diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
EXPRESSIONS of interest
If you are interested in this consulting opportunity, please submit a 2-page (maximum) proposal including a workplan with associated timelines and consulting fees, along with your CV before 5pm on February 23rd, 2021 by e-mail to email@example.com. Expressions of interest must include “Risk Management Consulting Proposal – Your Name” in the subject line of the e-mail. All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to submit a proposal.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.