Crossroads International is recruiting a bilingual Communications and Outreach Officer. Reporting to the Director, External Relations, this position is part of a dynamic team committed to attracting and engaging new supporters for Crossroads International and its work. Versatile, creative and committed to excellence, the Communications and Outreach Officer will lead online communications, engagement, outreach strategies, offline events and marketing initiatives. The Communications and Outreach Officer will employ a variety of public relations and marketing tactics to engage existing stakeholders and attract new Crossroads donors, volunteers and supporters.
The ideal candidate is a creative, web-savvy, strategic thinker with exceptional writing and editing skills. S/he should have a flair for news and online writing to create engaging copy to promote Crossroads International. S/he has demonstrated success managing web sites, stakeholder engagement strategies, publications, fundraising and marketing initiatives, and online campaigns. The candidate must be a collaborative team player who is able to integrate with diverse staff across multiple departments and volunteers in the field. The candidate will also be committed to gender equality and the advancement of women’s rights.
- University degree in journalism, marketing, communications or related field
- Minimum of three years of experience in journalism, marketing, and/or communications fields with professional experience in a PR agency, corporation or non-profit organization
- English-French bilingualism is required and will be tested in the selection process. Spanish is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience managing online campaigns including social media, fundraising, website management and other digital strategies.
- Proficiency in HTML, SEO, Adobe CS Suite and other web-based software including: Google Analytics, WordPress and AdWords.
- Experience generating performance reports on campaigns, activities, metrics and results
- Experience in community building online and offline through events, training, campaigns, etc.
- Proven ability to write and edit clear, concise and compelling prose — website, news releases, op-eds, ad copy, blog posts and email alerts, etc.
- Experience in coordination and promotion of events.
- Dynamic presentation and facilitation skills.
- Flexibility to manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Solid copy-editing skills, strong attention to detail.
- Experience editing video and audio is an asset.
- Experience in international development is an asset.
Position Type: Full time contract to Dec 30, 2019, with possibility of renewal.
Salary: $50,955 – $61,146
Location: Toronto (Montreal could be considered)
Conditions: Ability to travel from home for short periods is required. Given the nature of our work, some evening and weekend work is required.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your resume and cover letter in one Word or PDF document by 4pm on Friday, September 21, 2018 by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications must include “Communications and Outreach Officer” in the subject line.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.