Position: Bilingual Travel and Administrative Assistant
Location: Toronto or Montreal
Language: Bilingual French and English
Reports To: Manager, Volunteer Mobilization
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Job Requirement: Must be eligible to work in Canada
Hiring Range: $49,978 to $52,477 with competitive benefits
Closure Date: November 14th, 2023 at 5PM ET
The position of Travel and Administration Assistant is an essential part of the Volunteer Mobilization Team. This position requires a highly organized, meticulous team player who is able to combine efficiency and attention to detail, to ensure smooth running through several administrative steps. This position reports to the Manager, Volunteer Mobilization.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Serve as a point of contact for volunteers, addressing their inquiries and providing guidance on travel logistics, financial, and administrative matters
- Ensure cost-effective travel options and adherence to organizational and donor travel policies in collaboration with the travel agency
- Prepare monthly volunteer allowance payment requests
- Manage visas for both incoming and outgoing volunteers, ensuring up-to-date information on processes and requirements in collaboration with the Crossroads’ offices in Africa
- Ensure readiness of all required paperwork and backup documentation for volunteers and secure filing and record keeping
- Facilitate trainings and orientation sessions for volunteers on finance, logistics and administrative policies and processes
- Manage and maintain the volunteer database, generating and formatting reports
- Ensure an update of the Volunteer Manual, Conditions and Contract takes place, in particular in relation to the administrative, logistical, and financial elements (volunteer allowance, reimbursement, eligible expenses and what is covered by Crossroads, payment timeframe)
- Coordinate the logistics of volunteers’ pre-departure trainings and debriefs
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO CROSSROADS
- Post-secondary degree in related field (e.g. Business Administration, etc.)
- 2 years of administrative and logistics experience
- 2 years of experience with travel coordination
- Strong knowledge of administrative systems and procedures
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Outstanding client service skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and dedication to quality control
- Proficiency with software and technology including Microsoft Office 365 (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- Bilingualism (French and English) required
- Experience with international or volunteer sending programs a strong asset
- Commitment to growth and development
- Commitment to inclusion, equity/equality, diversity, and empowerment
- Commitment to women’s rights and experience in integrating a gender analysis
- Innovation, creativity, collaboration
- Organization, autonomy, and initiative with an ability to manage competing deadlines in an effective manner to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate within a team across multiple geographic locations
- Adaptability and tolerance for uncertainty
- Strong organizational, administrative, communication & interpersonal skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- An equitable, inclusive, collaborative work environment where you have the opportunity to make an impact daily.
- Enthusiastic encouragement to develop both personally and professionally, taking advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities available to our staff.
- A hybrid working model to allow you to enjoy the benefits of both office based and remote working.
- An excellent, competitive benefits plan for you and your dependents.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation, 3 weeks of wellness leave and 3 days of professional development leave.
- Annual cost of living increases, pending Board approval, and salary equity reviews every three years.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND ESSENTIAL CONDITIONS
- Share Crossroads’ values and ethical standards, particularly:
- Work an average of 35 hours per week, where some overtime may be required.
- Travel in Canada may be required.
Crossroads International is a leading Canadian volunteer cooperation agency which has been advancing equality for women and girls and eradicating poverty in some of the world’s poorest countries in Africa for over 60 years. Crossroads invests in local partner organizations in 9 countries who are best positioned to meet the needs of their communities. With them, we pilot innovative approaches, and empower women and girls to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year Crossroads engages hundreds of experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address poverty and inequality. The organization’s 50+ employees are based in Canada, Senegal, Ghana and Tanzania, and Crossroads’ volunteers fulfil over 100 mandates per year.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Crossroads is also committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct and advancing anti-racism. To that end, the organization is a signatory to Cooperation Canada’s Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct and the Anti-Racism Framework for Canada’s International cooperation sector.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your resume and cover letter in one document (Word or PDF) before 5 pm ETT on November 13th , 2023 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include “Bilingual Travel and Administrative Assistant – Your Name” in the subject line of the email. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Not sure you have everything we’re asking for, but know you can make a big impact? Tell us your story and we will be happy to consider you.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Crossroads please visit our website (https://cintl.org/).