Position Type: Bilingual Resource Development Officer
Location: Toronto or Montreal
Position Type: Full time
Conditions: Ability to travel from home for short periods is required. Given the nature of our work, some evening and weekend work is required.
Hiring Range: $52,000 to $59,000
Closing Date: 5pm on March 4, 2020
Are you a seasoned proposal writer with passion for global development?
Crossroads International is seeking an energetic, experienced proposal writer to join our External Relations team.
You’re a seasoned and persuasive writer in English and French with a strong track record of raising funds from foundations and corporations. You bring strong initiative and are highly organized with exacting attention to detail and demonstrated success in prospect research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
A tech savvy professional, you bring strong planning, budgeting, analytical and administrative skills.
- Initiate and coordinate foundation giving program including researching prospects, relationship building with current and new prospects, cultivation, proposal writing and reporting, and stewardship
- Initiate and coordinate corporate giving program including researching prospects, relationship building with current and new prospects, cultivation, proposal writing and reporting, and stewardship to secure new strategic partnerships, sponsorship and employee giving opportunities
- Research and write donor marketing and stewardship materials including presentations, profiles, articles, acknowledgement letters and web copy
- Performs other duties as assigned
Core competencies and skills
- Post-secondary degree (BA) or equivalent experience
- Three years’ experience in proposal writing relevant to this position with proven success in securing grants
- Experience in foundation and corporate prospect research and donor stewardship
- Outstanding writing skills, with experience in reviewing, editing and synthesizing field reports, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, articulating results and producing high quality donor reports
- Experience designing project budgets and financial reporting
- Superb written and oral communication skills in French and English (verbal and written fluency required)
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent project management and organizational, analytical and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and a member of a team in a fast-paced multicultural team environment
- Respect high level of confidentiality
- Experience in international development is a strong asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, and experience with relational databases is an asset (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been fighting inequality for 60 years. We do this by bringing people together for a common cause, to create lasting solutions to overcome poverty and advance women’s rights. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations, We work with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers in this work, who apply their expertise to increase the capacity of local organizations. Since the first volunteer served overseas in 1958, more than 9,000 people from Canada and the countries where we work have volunteered with Crossroads International. With the support of donors, volunteers and local partners, we develop co-operatives and collective enterprises that generate income and advance the autonomy of youth, women and the rural poor. We pilot innovative approaches to reducing violence against women and girls and advancing women’s rights. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one Word or .pdf document by 5pm on March 4, 2020 by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications must include Resource Development Officer in the subject line.
Crossroads International is committed to principles and values of access and equity. We seek to attract, select, and hire a diverse team with a high level of professional skills, passion for and belief in our vision and mission.
All applicants must currently be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.