Position Type: Bilingual Resource Development Officer
Location: Toronto or Montreal
Position Type: Full time permanent
Conditions: Ability to travel from home for short periods is required. Given the nature of our work, some evening and weekend work is required.
[Hiring Range: $59,267 -$63,163]
Salary Scale: $59, 267 – $69,066
Closing Date: 5pm on August 4, 2020
Are you a seasoned proposal writer with passion for global development?
Crossroads International is seeking an energetic, experienced grant proposal writer to join our External Relations team.
You have a strong record of success in establishing and nurturing supportive philanthropic partnerships. You are a seasoned and persuasive writer in English and French with a strong track record of raising funds from foundations and corporations. You bring strong initiative and are highly organized with exacting attention to detail and demonstrated success in prospect research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
A tech savvy professional, you bring strong program planning, budgeting, analytical and administrative skills.
- Initiate and coordinate foundation giving program including researching prospects, relationship building with current and new prospects, cultivation, proposal writing and reporting, and stewardship
- Initiate and coordinate corporate giving program including researching prospects, relationship building with current and new prospects, cultivation, proposal writing and reporting, and stewardship to secure new strategic partnerships, sponsorship and employee giving opportunities
- Research and write donor marketing and stewardship materials including presentations, profiles, articles, acknowledgement letters and web copy
- Performs other duties as assigned
Core competencies and skills
- Post-secondary degree (BA) or equivalent experience
- Five years’ experience in proposal writing relevant to this position with proven success in securing grants
- Demonstrated success in identifying and securing new philanthropic partnerships
- Experience in foundation and corporate prospect research and donor stewardship
- Outstanding writing skills, with experience in reviewing, editing and synthesizing field reports, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, articulating results and producing high quality donor reports
- Experience designing project budgets and financial reporting
- Superb written and oral communication skills in French and English (verbal and written fluency required)
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent project management and organizational, analytical and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and a member of a team in a fast-paced multicultural team environment
- Respect high level of confidentiality
- Experience in international development is a strong asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, and experience with relational databases is an asset (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been fighting inequality for over 60 years. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Africa, with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
Crossroads International is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one Word or .pdf document by 5pm on August 4, 2020 and by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications must include “Resource Development Officer” in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled.