Position Type: Bilingual Program Manager
Location: Toronto with travel overseas and to the Montreal office.
Position Type: Full time with competitive salary and benefits
Languages: Bilinguism English/French
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed by October 11, 2019
This position has been filled.
The Program Manager oversees the implementation of dynamic and innovative international cooperation programming advancing gender equality and the rights of women and girls in collaboration with local partners in Burkina Faso, Ghana, Senegal, Eswatini, Tanzania and Togo. Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Manager manages a team of program officers in Montreal and Toronto offices. The Program Manager ensures effective design, development, implementation and, monitoring and evaluation of a robust volunteer cooperation program as well as other complementary projects.
he Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
The Program Manager has solid managerial experience in international development programs, with a strong commitment and demonstrated experience managing projects to advance gender equality and women’s and girls’ rights. The incumbent will bring expertise in international program and budget development and management as well as in monitoring and evaluation with strong gender analysis and experience integrating a gender analysis across program and partnerships. The Program Manager will be an enthusiastic ambassador for Crossroads and international volunteering, managing the implementation of our programs and ensure quality of delivery and provide leadership in sector expertise in the areas of gender-based violence, access to justice for vulnerable women and girls, leadership for women and girls as well as women economic empowerment.
The ideal candidate is a result-based manager who understands the importance of developing the skills, knowledge and abilities of direct reports; manages work, project plans and outcomes effectively, and provides oversight and leadership to cross-organizational initiatives. A strong collaborator and innovator with a high degree of professionalism, the Program Manager will be responsible for program implementation, day to day management of program operations and quality management. The Program Manager will oversee a growing portfolio of projects and ensure outstanding grants management with support from finance department.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive program management and human resources management experience in the sector of international development;
- Masters’ degree or equivalent in a related field
Skills, Attributes and Experience
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate in both English and French is essential;
- Overseas work experience in international development projects/programs;
- In-depth knowledge and experience in international cooperation and global strategies to advance gender equality and rights of women and girls;
- Solid understanding of the Canadian INGO’s community as well as government and donors involved in international development activities;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities;
- A commitment for ongoing growth and development;
- Strong capacity for strategic analysis and innovative thinking;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in a multicultural environment;
- Demonstrated project and budget management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven success in project planning and proposal writing skills;
- Collaborative working style with experience in leading team-based initiatives;
- Experience in developmental evaluation an asset;
- Familiarity with online collaboration and learning an asset;
- Experience working in a diverse work environment and on cross-functional teams
Crossroads International, a leader in international cooperation, has been fighting inequality for more than 60 years. We do this by bringing people together for a common cause, to create lasting solutions to overcome poverty and advance gender equality and women’s rights. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Southern Africa and West Africa. We work with local partner organizations to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage hundreds of experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. We invest in local partners who are best positioned to meet the needs of their communities. With local partners we develop and implement initiatives that advance the rights and autonomy of women and girls. We pilot innovative approaches to reducing violence against women and girls and that generate income and jobs for women. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity, supported by Global Affairs Canada, the Quebec government and other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization in a role that has global impact, please submit your cover letter and résumé in one document (word or PDF) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Program Manager in the subject line.
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed by October 11, 2019.
Crossroads International is committed to principles and values of access and equity. We seek to attract, select, and hire a diverse team with a high level of professional skills, passion for and belief in our vision and mission.
All applicants must currently be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.