Position Type: Bilingual Manager Philanthropy
Position Type: Full time
Conditions: Ability to travel from home for short periods is required. Given the nature of our work, some evening and weekend work is required.
Hiring Range: $64,000 to $70,000
Closing Date: 5pm on March 4, 2020
Are you a fundraiser looking for your next challenge?
Crossroads International is seeking an energetic, experienced major gift fundraiser to join our team as Manager, Philanthropy. Reporting to the Director External Relations, this position will be responsible for the development and growth of the leadership giving (major gift) fundraising program.
A gifted communicator and passionate advocate the Manager, Philanthropy will contribute to a growing philanthropy program that is reducing poverty and advancing equality for women and girls in some of the world’s poorest countries. The ideal candidate is resourceful and creative; a true relationship builder with ability to inspire and engage. The candidate will have exceptional communication, writing and editing skills and bring strong planning and organizational skills to the successful cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of donors and prospective donors.
- Develops, manages and reports on a portfolio of 100 major gift prospects and donors;
- Creates and implements major gift solicitation, stewardship and cultivation plans in coordination the team;
- Stewards donors in line with an overarching stewardship and recognition framework to communicate the impact of donations and retain donors;
- Provides coaching and guidance to resource development colleagues in the management of their prospect portfolios;
- Effectively and accurately communicates Crossroads fundraising priorities that reflect the interests and investment of donors;
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders to promote prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of new major donors;
- Conducts discovery calls targeting existing donors and prospects with the potential and interest to increase their giving and/or engagement;
- Develops and implements creative cultivation and solicitation strategies that inspire donors and prospects to make multi-year commitments and/or stretch gifts;
- Contributes to prospect identification activities and the development of a robust major gifts pipeline and moves management system;
Reporting and Other Responsibilities
- Develops performance targets and measures, in consultation with the Director for all areas of responsibility;
- Writes and supports the development of briefing materials, proposals and presentations for major donor meetings and events;
- Maintains up to date and accurate donor/prospect profiles and records of contact;
- Acts as a liaison and resource for other teams at Crossroads and works collaboratively towards common goals.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- Post-secondary degree (BA) in relevant field or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in major gift fundraising, CFRE preferred
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts and in successful grant and proposal writing
- Demonstrated experience writing annual, foundation, corporate and donor and alumni relations materials
- Bilingual — verbal and written fluency in English and French
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust in donors, stakeholders and cooperation among staff colleagues
- Demonstrated maturity, tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
- Possess exemplary communication skills – written, oral and presentation including well developed networking ability
- Excellent organizational, research and project management skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Expertise in a CRM database (Raisers Edge preferred), Windows Office Suite, including PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and independence, but comfortable working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been fighting inequality for 60 years. We do this by bringing people together for a common cause, to create lasting solutions to overcome poverty and advance women’s rights. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations, We work with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers in this work, who apply their expertise to increase the capacity of local organizations. Since the first volunteer served overseas in 1958, more than 9,000 people from Canada and the countries where we work have volunteered with Crossroads International. With the support of donors, volunteers and local partners, we develop co-operatives and collective enterprises that generate income and advance the autonomy of youth, women and the rural poor. We pilot innovative approaches to reducing violence against women and girls and advancing women’s rights. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one Word or .pdf document by 5pm on March 4, 2020 by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications must include Manager, Philanthropy in the subject line.
Crossroads International is committed to principles and values of access and equity. We seek to attract, select, and hire a diverse team with a high level of professional skills, passion for and belief in our vision and mission.
All applicants must currently be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.