Crossroads International is seeking a bilingual Communications Officer to bring our storytelling and stakeholder engagement to new levels. Reporting to the Director, External Relations, this position is part of a dynamic team committed to engaging existing stakeholders and attracting new Crossroads volunteers and donors. Versatile, creative and committed to excellence, the Communications and Outreach Officer will be the chief storyteller, creating marketing and communications content across a variety of platforms that illustrate the impact of Crossroads International in order to attract volunteers and increase revenue.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter and strategic thinker who creates compelling content to move audiences and deliver measurable results. S/he is a skilled writer with solid experience coordinating print and online projects, executing marketing initiatives and securing media coverage. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with fundraising, volunteer and program leads to create captivating content and campaigns on budget and on deadline. S/he will organize and support events with photography and video capture and oversee production. Working knowledge of national media engagement and exceptional project management skills are required. Experience overseas is a definite asset.
- University degree in journalism, marketing, communications or related field
- Minimum of three years of experience in journalism, marketing, and/or communications fields with professional experience in a PR agency, corporation or non-profit organization • English-French bilingualism is required and will be tested in the selection process. Spanish is an asset
- Proven ability to conduct effective interviews and write clear, concise and compelling prose and a flair for transforming technical language into aspirational and exciting narrative — articles, news releases, op-eds, ad copy, blog posts, email alerts, etc.
- Exceptional project-management skills including managing production to tight deadlines on budget
- Brand Management: quality assurance, consistent messaging and voice across all platforms
- Dynamic presentation and facilitation skills
- Solid copy-editing skills, strong attention to detail
- Professional social media experience
- Experience editing video and audio is an asset, photography experience.
- Experience generating performance reports on campaigns, activities, metrics and results
- Proficiency with WordPress, CMS, HTML, knowledge of Adobe creative suite required, and knowledge of Google Analytics, AdWords, video, design and editing software is an asset.
- Flexibility to manage multiple projects and changing priorities
- A commitment to gender equality and the promotion of women’s rights
- Experience in international development or international volunteering is an asset.
Position Type: Full time contract to December 30, 2019 with possibility of renewal.
Salary: $50,955 – $61,146
Location: Toronto (Montreal could be considered)
Conditions: Ability to travel from home for short periods is required. Given the nature of our work, some evening and weekend work is required.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your resume and cover letter in one Word or PDF document by 4pm on Friday, September 21, 2018 by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications must include “Communications Officer” in the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.