Applications for this position will close on June 23, 2019.
Are you looking to apply your communications skills to empower women and girls and help reduce poverty?
While you’re still working hard to get your degree, Crossroads International has an exciting opportunity for a Bilingual Communications Assistant. Reporting to the Communications Officer in Toronto, this 8-week position is part of a dynamic team committed to raising awareness of Crossroads International and its work.
Versatile, creative, and committed to excellence, the Bilingual Communications Assistant will tackle a variety of tasks including writing; research; social media and web content creation and updates; support in the development of a variety of on and offline content; and volunteer mandate development and promotion. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and communications skills, strong attention to detail with good technical and design skills. S/he is a creative and energetic self-starter, who can work well independently and meet deadlines.
Crossroads International is one of Canada’s foremost international co-operation organizations and has been fighting inequality for more than 60 years. We do this by bringing people together in a common cause, to create lasting solutions to overcome poverty and advance women’s rights.
Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Southern Africa, West Africa and South America. Crossroads supports women, youth and the rural poor, who are often marginalized in the economy and left out of the decisions that affect their lives. We work as equals with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence.
Support the Communications Team:
- To write/edit/translate and post content for the Crossroads website, social media, newsletters and publications;
- To support recruitment and promotion and draft, edit and post volunteer mandates;
- Support public outreach and events planning;
- Compile data and analyse metrics for online engagement;
- Assist with campaign planning and development of communications tools for the annual report and the Day of the Girl Breakfast;
- Support development of multimedia content;
- Design graphic materials such as PowerPoint presentations, infographics, emailing content, etc.
Because funding for this position is provided through Service Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs programs, candidates MUST meet specific requirements. Please do not apply if you do not meet all the eligibility criteria below.
- Applicants must be either (1) a Canadian citizen, (2) permanent resident, or (3) person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (please note that foreign students are not eligible for this internship).
- Applicant must be between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive).
- Applicant must have English as a first language.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Proven ability to write clear, concise and compelling prose — web content, articles, etc.
- Proficiency in WordPress, social media, experience with InDesign, Photoshop is an asset
- Knowledge of social media metrics and Google Analytics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, experience with Raisers Edge is an asset
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Interest and knowledge of international development
- Fluency in French
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23, 2019.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Crossroads International is an equal opportunity employer. Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. We encourage applications from people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from aboriginal and/or other marginalized communities.
Location: Crossroads International office, Montreal
Salary: Paid internship, $17/hour
Dates: Eight-week summer contract starting on June 24, 2019
Schedule: 5 days/week, 9:00am-5:00pm including a one-hour unpaid lunch break.
This position is made possible through the Canada Summer Jobs program.