Applications for this position are closed.
The Accounting Officer is an integral part of the Finance and Administrative team. The incumbent processes financial transactions relating to the accounts payable cycle, performs various general ledger reconciliations (including bank reconciliations) and processes journal entries as part of the monthly and annual financial close process. The Accounting Officer is responsible for payroll administration and processing. This position provides support to the Financial Reporting Analyst and provides cross-functional support across the organization for the administrative function.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is a tech savvy, finance professional who can balance efficiency with strong attention to detail. The incumbent will ensure all duties are carried out in compliance with Crossroads’ mission, strategic priorities, policies and processes. S/he will be an enthusiastic ambassador for Crossroads and an effective collaborator who works with members of the Finance and Administration team, as well as with other parts of the organization to ensure timely and superior customer service with our stakeholders.
- Daily financial transaction processing, including revenue/receivable and accounts payable/payment cycles
- Maintenance of financial records, including the accounts payable and capital asset subledgers
- Communicate with vendors/suppliers, as required
- Journal entry processing and general ledger account reconciliations, as part of the monthly and annual financial statement close process
- Bi-weekly payroll processing and administration, including statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Support internal and external reporting requirements, including funder reports, Board reports and the external audit process
- General office support and administration, including petty cash management and file maintenance/archiving
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills
- Post-secondary diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or relevant field
- Minimum of two (2) years of full cycle accounting experience in a computerized environment
- Knowledge and experience in applying relevant accounting principles (Canadian GAAP)
- Previous experience within a not-for-profit environment is an asset; interest in international development and/or volunteer organizations preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel; experience with Financial Edge preferred
- Bilingual (French and English) candidates preferred
- Highly proficient in data entry and general ledger account reconciliation
- Organized self-starter; ability to manage competing deadlines in an effective manner to meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and collaborate effectively within a team across multiple geographic locations
- Ability to communicate information such as policies and procedures effectively both verbally and in writing to cross-departmental staff
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
Location: Toronto, ON
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Closing Date: May 17, 2019
Start Date: June 2019
Salary: $41,950 – $48,243 with competitive benefits
- To work an average of 35 hours per week, where some overtime may be required
- Infrequent travel in Canada and overseas may be required
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one document (Word or PDF) by 5pm on May 17, 2019 by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications must include “Accounting Officer” in the subject line of the e-mail.
Crossroads International is committed to principles and values of access and equity. We encourage applications from people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from Aboriginal and/or other marginalized communities. All applicants must currently be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will occur on an ongoing basis and may be held before the closing date. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.