Poste: Agriculture and environment, accounting, finance, fundraising, project development, gender equality and social inclusion, strategic planning.
Country: Burkina Faso, Ghana, Senegal, eSwatini (Swaziland), Tanzania, Togo
Length of time: 6 months
Date of departure : Between June and September 2019
Crossroads International is an international development organization that is working towards reducing poverty and increasing women’s rights around the world. Working with local partners in 28 projects, in eight countries and supported by hundreds of volunteers each year, Crossroads leverages expertise and resources, North and South, required to help people overcome poverty and assert their human rights.
- Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Must be 19 years and older
- Willing to conduct fundraising and public engagement activities before, during and after the placement
- Share the commitment of preventing and addressing sexual misconduct. https://ccic.ca/news/ccic-leaders-pledge-on-preventing-and-addressing-sexual-misconduct/
- In good physical and mental health (medical examination required)
- The volunteer needs to bring their own computer
- The volunteer must be available to attend one of the following pre-departure trainings : May 28-30 or July 30-August 1st 2019
Personalized support before, during and after the mandate provided by an experienced and welcoming team. The Crossroads’ experience includes the following:
- Daily living allowance (amount varies depending on the country of assignment)
- Plane ticket and local transport
- Medical insurance and vaccinations
- Pre-departure training and re-orientation upon return
“Crossroads International is committed to addressing gender-based violence by supporting the innovative work our partner organizations in ending violence against women and girls. To find out more, please visit:
To apply for this position, we kindly ask that you fill out Crossroads’ online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: We are experiencing some technical issues with the on-line submission, which our IT department is working to resolve, however if you receive an error message when you submit your application , please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please contact our Program officer – Volunteering if you have any question: email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.