Length of time: from 3 to 12 months
Beginning of mandate for in-field volunteer (recruitment in mandate countries): September to December 2020
Beginning of mandate for remote volunteer (e-volunteer): September to December 2020
Crossroads International is a leading Canadian international cooperation organization, advancing equality for women and girls and eradicating poverty in some of the world’s poorest countries in Africa where women and girls face great adversity: unequal access to resources and economic opportunities, gender-based violence and limited participation in political and public life. Crossroads International works in partnership with local organizations in 9 countries of sub-Saharan Africa, in order to draw on the skills, expertise and resources, from the North and the South, required to enable people, particularly women and girls, to overcome poverty and defend their rights.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
- Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- Must be 19 years and older;
- Share the commitment of preventing and addressing sexual misconduct; https://ccic.ca/news/ccic-leaders-pledge-on-preventing-and-addressing-sexual-misconduct/
- In good physical and mental health (medical examination required);
- The volunteer needs to bring their own computer;
- The volunteer must be available to attend one of the following pre-mandat trainings.
Personalized support before, during and after the mandate provided by an experienced and welcoming team. The Crossroads’ experience includes the following:
- Daily living allowance (amount varies depending on the country of assignment)
- Plane ticket and local transport
- Medical insurance and vaccinations
- Pre-departure training and re-orientation upon return
“Crossroads International is committed to addressing gender-based violence by supporting the innovative work our partner organizations in ending violence against women and girls. To find out more, please visit:
To apply for this position, we kindly ask that you fill out Crossroads’ online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: We are experiencing some technical issues with the on-line submission, which our IT department is working to resolve, however if you receive an error message when you submit your application , please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please contact our Program officer – Volunteering if you have any question: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.