OPPORTUNITIES ONLY OFFERED FOR CANADIAN CITIZENS and PERMANENT RESIDENTS CURRENTLY IN ESWATINI
Crossroads International is a leading Canadian international cooperation organization, advancing equality for women and girls and eradicating poverty in some of the world’s poorest countries in Africa where women and girls face great adversity: unequal access to resources and economic opportunities, gender-based violence and limited participation in political and public life. Crossroads International works in partnership with local organizations in 9 countries of sub-Saharan Africa, in order to draw on the skills, expertise and resources, from the North and the South, required to enable people, particularly women and girls, to overcome poverty and defend their rights.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
Project description and context:
Crossroads International’s 2020-2027 Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP) entitled Championing Gender Equality Together, funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), will engage Canadian women and men, Canadian stakeholders, Crossroads staff and volunteers, local partner organizations and women and men in sub-Saharan Africa to become Gender Equality Champions. Collectively these Gender Equality Champions constitute a global community of strong change agents and advocates for the advancement of gender equality both in Canada and overseas.
Project description and context: The Woman Farmer Foundation is a registered NGO since 2010. A number of organization developments has hindered the organization from progressing in the achievement of its objectives. This includes lack of skilled personnel on managing finances of the organization. This has resulted in the organization demonstrating lack of capacity in managing grants. Moreover, the organization does not have the required software that complies with NGO financial management standards and as a result it is sometimes difficult to track some budget activities and report accordingly. The organization also lacks funds to employ a qualified finance officer.
Mandate historical context
Crossroads International formalized a partnership with Woman Farmer Foundation within the VCP 2020-2027 to ensure the capacity building of the organization, contributing positively to gender equality and women’s economic empowerment. One of such areas where the WFF requests assistance is financial and grants management.
- To oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc
- Capacitate relevant staff to enter information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of donor agreements and staff contracts
- To ensure financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budget expenditures.
- To monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- To ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
- To oversee the financial audits of all projects of the organization.
- To provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel, and other areas of administration.
Qualification criteria for selection include:
- Qualification in Financial Management
- At least 3 years of experience in NGO management of finances, donor accountability, financial report writing and grants management
- Understanding of financial management software systems
- Experience working with social impact businesses
- Knowledge of Agricultural development, economic empowerment, and gender equality
- Knowledge of socially responsible business models
- Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada CURRENTLY in the country of the mandate.
- Share the commitment of preventing and addressing sexual misconduct
- In good physical and mental health (medical examination required)
- The volunteer needs to bring their own computer
Personalized support before, during and after the mandate provided by an experienced and welcoming team.
- Daily living allowance (amount varies depending on the country of assignment)
- Medical insurance and vaccinations
- Pre-assignment online training.
To apply for this position, we kindly ask that you fill out Crossroads’ online application form.
Please contact our Volunteer mobilisation team if you have any question: email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.