December 1, 2020
Together we give to support Crossroads’ partners in delivering essential services to help women and girls in Africa.
December 1st marks Giving Tuesday, a global generosity movement that encourages people to do good by supporting communities and organizations to help transform the world.
On Giving Tuesday, Support our COVID-19 response!
Since March, COVID-19 is threatening the lives and livelihoods of women and girls in Africa. Crossroads’ work to empower them and their communities to build resilience, is even more critical in wake of the devastating impacts of this pandemic. It has unleashed a dramatic increase in gender-based violence, child abuse and other forms of exploitation and increased unemployment rates and food insecurity for many already vulnerable populations.
Crossroads is helping local partners in Africa continue vital services and provide direct community support and you can do it too. Together we can keep working to contribute to ensure food security, health and essential service to domestic violence survivors, farmers, and community members.
On December 1st, you can take action by making a donation and joining the #UNselfie movement. We are halfway through our goal of raising $250,000 for our COVID-19 response and we need your help to respond to the urgent needs of our partners and the communities we serve. No donation is too small on this day that is dedicated to coming together in solidarity and showing up for others.
How do I do #UNselfie?
By taking an unselfish selfie, show everyone that you are supporting Crossroads International’s work, vision and mission to build One World where poverty is eliminated and the rights of all women and girls are realized.
Here are the steps:
- Make a donation: every dollar counts
- Download your #UNselfie template
- Take a “selfie” (alone or in a group) without showing your full face or no face at all, and with a caption (or have it on a card in the picture) explaining how or why you and/or your friends are “giving” this year.
- Always use the hashtags #UNselfie and #GivingTuesdayCa
- Post it to Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter – share with friends and challenge at least 3 of them to do the same! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter
Can’t donate but you still want to let your community know you support women’ and girls’ facing the impact of COVID-19 in Africa? Download your #Unselfie template here anyway.
Together we stand, Together we help and Together we give. Your support has never been more important.