Crossroads International is closely monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19), in collaboration with our partners and volunteers overseas, our fellow Voluntary Cooperation Agencies, relevant Health officials as well as with the Canadian government. The safety and well-being of our volunteers, staff, partners and our community are our priorities.
VOLUNTEER UPDATE – 03/26/20
We are please to announce that our volunteers are well and have returned to Canada. There are reported cases in Africa in the following countries where we operate: Burkina Faso, eSwatini, Senegal, Tanzania and Togo and we are continuing to monitor closely.
Our Toronto, Montreal and Senegal offices are currently working from home to minimize everyone’s exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and to support everyone to be well.
You can minimize the risk
Please follow guidance from public health authorities.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and especially after using the restroom and before eating. Also, as available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Avoid shaking hands and hugging.
- If you have upper-respiratory symptoms (coughing, fever, other flu-like symptoms), please stay home, and we recommend you call your local public health department or consult a doctor.
- And otherwise, if you need to cough or sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your elbow.
- For more information, visit the World Health Organization website or Health Canada for evolving information about risk factors and symptoms.
We will continue to be vigilant in monitoring any further developments and in supporting our communities as we navigate these difficult times together.