Just as you’ve supported Crossroads International throughout your lifetime, you can include a provision for us in your Will. By doing so, you will continue to support this and future generations to overcome poverty and advance the rights of women and girls.
HOW TO START
A Charitable Bequest is a direction in your Will that instructs your Executor or Trustee to leave one or more of your assets to a charitable organization(s). It is an easy way to support Crossroads and have your estate benefit from significant tax savings, thereby reducing or eliminating your income tax liability in the year of death. Crossroads strongly recommends that you seek professional advice to ensure your financial goals are considered, your tax situation reviewed, and your planned gift is tailored to your circumstances.
BENEFITS TO YOU
- CONVENIENT: It’s a gift anyone can make. Your gift can be made no matter how old you are and can be for any amount you want.
- SIMPLE: A gift in your Will is easy to arrange. Simply instruct your lawyer to include a charitable gift to Crossroads International in your Will or codicil.
- COST-EFFECTIVE: Your present income will not decrease.
- TAX RELIEF: A charitable gift in your Will is a highly effective way to reduce estate taxes.
- TAX PLANNING: Crossroads will issue a charitable tax receipt for the full value of your gift. Your estate will use this receipt to reduce the tax payable on your final tax return. If your gift exceeds 100% of your net income in the year of your death, the excess tax credit may be carried back to the previous tax year or forward as part of a Graduated Rate Estate plan.
- FLEXIBILITY: Your gift can be for a specific amount, a percentage of your estate, or the residue of your estate, that is a gift after your debts have been paid and other bequests made.
- CONTROL: You retain use of the assets for the duration of your lifetime.
- PEACE OF MIND: You can make changes to your Will at any time.
- RECOGNITION: If Crossroads International knows about your gift we can honour you during your lifetime.
- SATISFACTION: Your gift is made for personal reasons; you can create a lasting memorial for you, your family or anyone you may wish to honour. Of course, you will also continue to be part of solutions that fundamentally improve people’s lives by reducing poverty and advancing women’s and girls’ rights around the world.
When remembering Crossroads in your Will, please use our correct legal name:
Canadian Crossroads International
(operating as Crossroads International)
49 Bathurst Street, Suite 201
Toronto, ON M5V 2P2