Just as you’ve supported Crossroads International throughout your lifetime, you can include a provision for us in your Will. By doing so, you will continue to support the rights of women and girls to live free from violence and abuse and ensure that women and young people in developing countries can earn a sustainable income.
How to start
A Charitable Bequest is a direction in your Will that instructs your Executor or Trustee to leave one or more of your assets to a charitable organization(s). It is an easy way to support Crossroads International and have your estate benefit from significant tax savings, thereby reducing or eliminating your income tax liability in the year of death.
Crossroads International strongly recommends that you seek professional legal advice to ensure your financial goals are considered, your tax situation reviewed, and your planned gift is tailored to your circumstances.
Benefits charitable bequests
- Convenient: Your bequest can be made no matter how old you are and can be for any amount you want.
- Simple: A bequest is easy to arrange. Simply instruct your lawyer to include a bequest to Crossroads International in your Will or codicil.
- Cost-effective: There are no extra out-of-pocket costs. Your present income will not decrease.
- Tax Relief: A charitable bequest is a highly effective way to reduce estate taxes.
- Tax Planning: Crossroads International will issue a charitable tax receipt for the full value of your bequest. Your estate will use this receipt to reduce the tax payable on your final tax return. If your bequest exceeds 100 percent of your net income in the year of your death, the excess may be carried back to the previous tax year.
- Flexible: Your bequest can be for a specific amount, a percentage of your estate, or the residue of your estate, that is a gift after your debts have been paid and other bequests made.
- Control: You retain use of the assets for the duration of your lifetime.
- Peace of Mind: You can make changes to your Will at any time.
- Satisfaction: Your gift is made for personal reasons; you can create a lasting memorial for you, your family or anyone you may wish to honour. Of course, you will also continue to be part of solutions that fundamentally improve people’s lives by reducing poverty and advancing women’s and girls’ rights around the world.
When remembering Crossroads International in your will, please add our correct legal name:
Canadian Crossroads International
(operating as Crossroads International)
Suite 201, 49 Bathurst St.
Toronto, ON M5W 2P2
Charitable registration number:
# 12981 4570 RR0001